Monday, November 13, 2006

Update

Well, I went outside to see how far Mr. Caterpillar had traveled. Actually, he moves a lot faster than one would have expected. Ok, I said I wasn't brave enough to catch it, but I had a change of heart. I knew Brian would be heartbroken if he didn't get to see it. I trooped to the garage, retrieved the bug jar and corralled the caterpillar without even having to touch it. I threw in some Silver Maple tree leaves and put on the fabric cover. There. Good deed done for the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! You are way too brave for me. That bug looks HUGE!! My kids have alerted me to a ghastly dead spider and I am so chicken, I am getting the vacuum to suck him up rather than the mandatory 5 paper towels to pick him up and throw him out. Are you going to keep your new friend and feed him?? I think you should name him. Your kids would love a temporary pet.

mom-in-training said...

Just don't let my family caterpillar-sit it!!!