Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Thankful Heart



"Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name!"

Psalm 100:4



HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Today I want to diligently remember and be mindful of all I am thankful for.

* For my God who loves and forgives me.

* An opportunity to start each day anew through the grace of God and with His aid to grow in holiness.

* My dear husband who loves me so much I can't fathom it. He is the answer to many years of prayers and hopes and dreams. I love my life with him.

* My four precious children. Gifts! Enough said!

* The ability to have children and raise them in the Catholic faith to know, love and serve our Lord.

* The chance at Heaven.

* The Eucharist and confession.

* Brian's job and all it provides for us. And the fact that he enjoys it and succeeds in it so well.

* Family and friends who give, give, give and love, love, love.

* Having the great majority of my family close by.

* The opportunity to homeschool, sharing faith and knowledge with my little ones.

* Quilts, quilting and the blessing of time (at least a little) and some money to pursue it.

* Good books and lots of them.

* Food (had to include that one).

* Celebrating the holidays with my own little family and building all kinds of wonderful traditions and memories.

* Digital cameras, computers and the internet - for all the good they are capable of.

* My life - it is all I could have dreamed and more!


And here are a few Thanksgiving turkeys to brighten your day.



2 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Happy Thanksging, Celeste. Beautiful post.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Celeste. Happy Thanksgiving!