Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Long Awaited Day!



For over a month now, Nicole and I have been eagerly anticipating today and the beginning of a new Mother and Daughter holiday tradition! And today finally arrived.

After lunch, Nicole and I got ourselves all dressed up and hopped in the car for our drive into downtown Houston to see The Nutcracker Ballet. Nicole took a little snooze on the drive and I woke her up just as we were pulling into the parking lot. I found myself getting all choked up at the thought of arriving and getting ready to enjoy this special time with my precious daughter. We marveled at the beautiful theater. It had been so many years since I had been to see the performance, so in a way it was all new to me again.

The performance was absolutely stunning! We whispered our oohs and aahs all the way through both acts. You just couldn't take your eyes off the stage. Nicole excitedly commented several times on how the beautiful costumes sparkled - it must seem magical to her. After the show we went down to the theater lobby and saw several of the dancers in costume - the mice and the soldiers. Then we browsed the souvenir booth. Nicole chose a lovely Nutcracker - she really had her mind made up. We almost skipped along as we went to take our photos in front of the giant Christmas tree before leaving.

It was a magical afternoon. One I know I will treasure all year long. I look forward to many more opportunities to enjoy this tradition and celebrate this joyous season.

I pray that Nicole's dreams tonight are of the Sugar Plum Fairy type. I know mine will be of the graceful Snow Queen and her Snowflakes and of a blessedly happy afternoon with my little ballerina.

3 comments:

mom-in-training said...

How exciting, Celeste! I think your new holiday tradition with Nicole is so beautiful! You will both treasure the memories you make attending the Nutcracker each year together. What a special time!

Melissa said...

You both look so very lovely. How wonderful that you got to enjoy this experience together! I'm so happy for you!

He who wears the most black wins. said...

How wonderful. I LOVE the nutcracker and can't wait to begin my own tradition with Ella. I am so excited about that. Thanks for sharing!

Hey, pregnant looks good on you! :)