Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The End

Of this day that is. And all I can say is thank goodness.

And praise God.

And Hallelujah!

Today was another day filled with many difficult moments. Two days in a row. But despite the hard days, I know God is making me stronger through it all. Days like these used to throw me off completely, spiraling downward, rarely recovering before days end. Lately, I notice that I am much more able to survive and move on fairly quickly. It seems easier to move from a teary temper tantrum to picking ladybugs off the backyard maple tree. From breaking up a fight to an art project. I was able to pick up and move on today (and that phonecall to a dear friend really did the trick). Maybe it is a special type of resiliency that God has reserved for me - blessing me with it now when I most need it. Whatever it is, it is from God. It is His loving reply to the pleas my heart makes as I wrestle a diaper on a screaming toddler. It is by His grace and His love that I am here tonight writing this.

We ended the day with a trip this evening to Baskin Robbins for some 31 cent ice cream scoops. And in the end, you realize, yes, ice cream really does make everything better.

5 comments:

Crafty Mom said...

We too went out to Baskin Robbins last night. Your day, sounds like my Tuesday. I contemplated calling you last night, but decided that you wouldn't want to listen to me coughing in your ear. Seems like the children are rebeling lately. Maybe they know something we don't.

mom-in-training said...

I'm so sorry to hear that yesterday was difficult. Hang tough, you are doing an awesome job! I know it's challenging. But remember that God is making you stronger through all of this.

I think you need a quilt night... :)

Mom of boys said...

I ditto the quilt night!

Crafty Mom said...

Hey!!! No fair. I want to come too. I SOOOOOOOO miss you guys!! I haven't touched my quilt since our last night over a year ago.

Melissa said...

I agree that ice cream certainly does help! As does prayer, which you well know. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad day, but I am so glad that you are being blessed with the "special resiliency" that allows you to still enjoy such things as ladybugs in the backyard!

Hugs to you, friend.