Thursday, May 17, 2007

Recommendations

My New Bible

I ordered this Bible recently. Yes, I already have a Bible, several in fact. The Bible I have had since I was a teenager is a New American translation. I have read it. I have studied it. I have loved it. But I really like the Revised Standard Version, Catholic Edition. It is said to be the best English translation and I agree. A while back I had ordered this edition, but the way it is typeset made it crowded and hard to read. Ignatius Press recently published the second edition and so I decided I needed it. It came last week and I have been enjoying it. It is lovely. Even the paper they used for the pages is more lovely - thicker and smooth to the touch. I am a happy customer.

Greeting Cards

I used to enjoy rubber stamping and made all my own greeting cards. It was always fun, but over time got to be more and more laborious. Stamping took a lot of thought for me and required a lot of preparation just to make a few cards. The end product was usually lovely, but over time I began to enjoy it less and less. In recent past, I would cringe at the thought of having to make even one birthday card. So for the time being, my stamps and stamping supplies have been boxed up on the shelf. But, you see, I haven't bought birthday cards in years! And I am so good at forgetting groceries at the grocery store, that I know I will easily forget to pick out cards when I need them. More stress! But, that is how it would have to be. Then, one day to my surprise, this little catalog showed up in my mailbox. The cards seemed lovely and if I ordered some assortment packs the cards would only cost 99 cents a piece. I thought I would give it a try. The thought of having a stash of lovely cards to pull from was right up my alley. So I ordered a few collections to get me started. They came today and I am very pleased. The artwork is nicely done. The messages and Scripture quotes are lovely. I think I will be ordering again.

No comments: