Monday, October 02, 2006

And a few more words

This morning as I read and prayed, I came across some quotes that seem to fit so well into what I said last night.

This week the Scripture for the First Reading at Mass tells the story of Job. While I cannot compare my sufferings with those of Job, of course the theme applies. My sufferings are miniscule in comparison to his and to those of many in our world.

My meditation book said the following:

Today is a good time to examine what our feelings toward God are when we experience disgrace or suffering, or both. God is always our loving Father, even when we are sorely afflicted. Do we behave as grateful sons and daughters in good times and bad times alike, in sickness and in health?

The closing prayer in the morning prayer says:

Almighty Father, you have brought us to the light of a new day: keep us safe the whole day through from every sinful inclination. May all our thought, words and actions aim at doing what is pleasing in your sight.

I think this gives me something to work with for today. God bless you all.

Hope in God; I will praise him still, my Savior and my God. Psalm 42

No comments: