Monday, October 23, 2006

Rounding the bend

Well, I think as we begin another week in this great adventure here at home, we may also be almost recovered from illness. It has been a long, and frustrating at times, road to wind along. Each day that Jacob's cough persisted and his fever kept returning, I grew more weary of seeing this thing linger.

Last week, after Wednesday and Thursday with no fever, his fever returned Friday morning. He just looked like he didn't feel good. The doctor said we should come in and follow up again. We were scheduled to go in the late afternoon. By lunchtime his fever was gone, but we went anyway. They did another blood test like last Friday's and his white blood cell count was up from then, but not in the range of concern. The doctor said his lungs sounded much, much clearer. With all the data she had, including the knowledge that Nicole and I had been a sick, she concluded that Jacob had been getting over the bronchiolitis and then caught our little virus. It all made sense and I left happy, knowing at least that it wasn't the same thing coming back again. Thankfully his fever never returned and the weekend found us all basically well. Jacob still coughs and my symptoms are still annoying, but with my allergies and the weather changing back and forth I am not surprised they are lingering. We tried to keep things relatively low key this weekend and hope to get a quiet start to our school week. Jacob is excited to get back to his horseback riding lessons - he has missed them 2 weeks in a row.

I am thankful for this lull in the viruses. I am praying we are all 100% really soon and that we can remain so for a good while. I know it is cold and flu season and that illness is inevitable at times, but I can still hope and pray. Keep us in your prayers, as I do you all. May we all be saved from any serious illness.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah!!! Cheers for good health! And prayers, of course, that it continues that way!

He who wears the most black wins. said...

Amen, amen.

Have a agreat week and chin up. ;)

There is no time to appreciate good health like that time right after MAJOR and unrelenting illness.