Sunday, October 15, 2006

Freezing Cold!!!

Literally!

Not the weather - that would be unheard of in the middle of October, much less November.

Our freezer is freezing. Yes, we brought home our new upright freezer last night from Lowes. It has a happy home now in our garage right as I open the back door. Couldn't be more convenient. I am so excited!

So now I begin the great freezer adventure! I plan to fill it with such industriousness! I have many plans. We just plugged it in this evening (had to wait 24 hours) and by morning (actually 4 hours, but I'm not staying up till midnight to fill it) it should be happily ready to receive our goods. I have some things already to transfer from the refrigerator freezer and then tomorrow evening I plan to make a trip to Sam's for some meats, etc. that I haven't had room to keep much of on hand. And my first meal to double this week will be chicken spaghetti (at my husband's request).

A dear, sweet friend of mine has so many wonderful freezer ideas and I can't wait to try them! I will post them as I do. Let me know if you have anything you do!

Happy freezing!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Awesome! My mom has an extra freezer that we'll be getting as soon as she gets it cleared out...I can't wait! (I plan to fill mine with lots and lots of fresh roasted green chile!)