Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Quiet

It is quiet this morning. I have been awake since 5am. Out of bed since 5:40am. The house is peaceful now at 6:40am. I really do enjoy this time of quiet. It's not that our home is never quiet - it is. But there's something about the morning when it's dark. I am thankful for this time to pray, reflect, have a cup of coffee. Waking up this early makes me more tired as the day goes on, but I enjoy it just the same. I need it. I think God needs it - to speak to my busy self.

Jacob woke up at 5am coughing quite a lot. He is still fighting the bronchitis. Lately, if he does wake during the night coughing, he stops quickly and falls back asleep. But this morning at 5am I think he wasn't quite as sleepy and so his coughing lasted longer as he wasn't able to drift back off. I was encouraged yesterday late afternoon because there was no fever, but then closer to bedtime it started creeping up again. I know it may take a while for him to beat it (one dr. website said 2 weeks), but I feel sad for him. Thankfully he does not get worse. For the most part he goes about his day normally and happily, but I know he would enjoy an end to the coughing and the fevers. I keep praying and may touch base with the doctor again this afternoon, but I think this may just be harder to fight than a normal cold. Poor little guy.

Well, I am sure my quiet will not last indefinitely and I should take advantage of the time I have left to get myself ready and dressed.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love the quiet of morning, too. There's just such a peace about it that reminds me of how very blessed I am. It's when I pray best.

I'm so sorry to hear that Jacob is still sick. That's such a hard thing for a parent to watch (and I know it can't be easy for him, either!) I'm praying that he'll make a full recovery soon.