Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Update

Well, no one telephoned at 6:30pm to see if I was slowing. So I'll tell you. I was. At 6:30 we were walking in from ballet with an armful of fundraiser notecards and calendars. It was late, but dinner and that dessert in the refrigerator I was dying to sample kept me moving along. We ate dinner and I cleaned up the kitchen. There were an awful lot of rice grains and buttery peas on the floor. I stood staring at them for a while and then decided to call Jacob in for a little reinforcement help. He reluctantly retrieved the great majority of it and I am thankful. Didn't think I had the strength to bend over once more. I scrubbed the heck out of my crockpot and then ushered all three little ones up for bed. Brian was out for the evening and so I was on my own. By this time my allergies were causing me lots of grief and I'm not even sure the kids could understand the words of their bedtime books. It's ok, they've heard them many times before.

After hugs and kisses and a nice shower, I am downstairs - here in front of my computer - a veggie. The kids are in bed (I can't promise Nicole is asleep, but she's quiet), the kitchen is clean enough and my leg hurts. I really should be upstairs working on a quilt for a gift, but I'm not sure I'll get there. I can hear the sofa calling my name.

All said and done this day has been really good. Jacob is still not all well and not every moment was perfect, but I am blessed. I am blessed that God gave me an extra boost of energy today to help me accomplish the things I had on my list and more. It doesn't happen every day, but again I wonder is that my fault usually and not God's. It's so easy to postpone, procrastinate, waste time and I am good at it. I am blessed to have my husband who willing put those sheets back on Jacob's bed, knowing it is not easy for me. I am blessed to have wonderful children who generally obey, help out and love each other with ease. I am blessed to be tired and achy because of this baby. I am blessed to have this productive day so that on those days when I feel down because I feel I can't get anything done, I can look back on it and remember that days like this do happen. I am blessed. Yes, blessed.

2 comments:

He who wears the most black wins. said...

You are so amazing. I just read your last few posts since I've been out of commission for awhile. Whoa

What a beautiful mother and woman you are. Keep on.

andria said...

You must try the slow cooker liners. You will never scrub your crock pot again.