Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Post #1: Halloween Minute by Minute

This morning the children and I worked hard and had a lot of fun filling candy bags to give out to Trick or Treaters tonight. A few years ago I decided instead of handing out a handful of candy, I would portion it out into snack baggies. This year they got an assortment of candy and some Great Pumpkin fruit snacks. Then we attach a sticker on the front that says something positive and religious. This year's bags say:

May the Lord rule your hearts and minds every day of the year. Happy Halloween! All saints pray for us.






I am sure some people grab out their treats, read the bag, laugh to themselves and then quickly deposit it in the trash. But I don't care. The Bible says that nothing we do to share the Gospel will return void. Every seed sown will be harvested someday. Maybe someone will remember those silly little bags of candy with the stickers someday. You never know.

Happy Halloween and Happy Trick or Treating!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great idea! Do you make your own stickers?

Looks like your helpers had a lot of fun!

He who wears the most black wins. said...

I think that's AWESOME. Thanks for the great idea for next year. :)

Celeste Creates said...

I do make my own stickers. I make my own address labels on the computer and rubber stamp a small image on the side of each depending on the season. The Halloween stickers are a variation. I just do it on the word processor. I think there is a template for using the sheets of Avery address labels (30 per page). I just run those through the printer. So easy.